Advanced Dental Technology in Waco, TX
Advanced Technology that Enhances Patient Care
Dr. Miller and Dr. Hinds are dedicated to continually updating their education in dentistry to stay on the cutting edge of the field. They, along with the rest of our team, attend continuing education courses, conferences and seminars on a regular basis to stay up to date with the latest advances in dental technology, techniques and treatments to provide you with the highest possible level of care. In addition to keeping up with continuing education, we also regularly update our office with the latest in dental technology.Schedule Your Appointment
These tools help us to provide you with dental care that is efficient, accurate and comfortable. Our dental technology in Waco, TX includes:
- Automated Appointment RemindersCreekwood Dental Arts uses an automated system that is part of our dental software. The system is secure and HIPAA compliant. Through this system you will receive appointment reminders by text and/or email two days before your scheduled time. We strive to provide appointment reminders that are convenient and fit into your lifestyle, and this also makes it easy for you to confirm your appointment. Since we reserve this time especially for your care, we greatly appreciate your immediate response to confirm your reserved appointment time.
- Digital ImagingDigital photography is utilized during treatment and during exams for diagnostic purposes. This visualization is highly beneficial for patients who are considering cosmetic procedures. Digital imaging allows us to document your dental case and procedures. Images of your face, teeth and smile provide a permanent dental record and visual documentation of treatment. This helps Dr. Miller and Dr. Hinds to track changes to your oral health and appearance over time. For more information about digital imaging in Waco, TX, and how we use it at Creekwood Dental Arts we invite you to call or visit us today.
- Digital XraysDigital X-ray technology (digital radiography) has allowed significant improvements in early diagnosis as a modern alternative to the traditional film X-rays. Aside from utilizing far less radiation than the traditional method, this technology offers the convenience of having X-rays available within seconds. Also, X-rays can be stored in the computer and be viewed with enhanced features and improved diagnostic ability. This helps our dentists to detect and treat any dental problems as soon as possible, before they cause more damage and pain. Using digital radiography, Dr. Miller and Dr. Hinds are able to detect dental conditions such as: tooth decay between teeth, abnormal root positioning, impacted teeth, infection in the tooth nerve, bone loss, developmental irregularities, abscesses and cysts, fractures in existing dental fillings and tumors.
- Electronic ClaimsCreekwood Dental Arts utilizes electronic claims processing. This means that rather than sending your dental claim through the mail, it is sent electronically to your insurance company, transmitting information more efficiently and with fewer errors. This benefits you with a quicker response time from your insurance company. On your behalf we are happy to submit your dental claims. Our knowledgeable dental team is also happy to answer any questions you may have about dental insurance and how we submit electronic claims. We want to make certain that you understand your dental benefits and our claims submission process.
- Hard & Soft Tissue Dental LaserSoft tissue lasers or dental diode lasers are used to safely remove soft tissue, such as excess gum tissue, to perform frenectomies, or to uncover impacted cuspids for orthodontic treatment. Dr. Miller and Dr. Hinds use laser periodontal treatment in Waco, TX to treat gum disease as well. The soft tissue laser can be employed to destroy bacteria in gum pockets, decreasing infection and allowing the tissue to return to a healthy state. Soft tissue lasers can also be used to treat apthous ulcers or denture sores to help increase comfort and stimulate healing. Hard tissue lasers are used to remove old fillings, assist with extractions, remove decay, prepare teeth for bonding or remove bone.Laser periodontal treatment holds several benefits for our patients. Many procedures performed with a dental laser can be done without injections, giving you a more comfortable dental experience. Dental lasers are also very accurate, which allows our dentists to treat the targeted area without affecting the nearby healthy tissues. Using a dental laser results in decreased bleeding both during and after your treatment, and it also lowers your risk for developing an infection following the treatment.
- Intraoral CameraSmall cameras about the size of a pen, called intraoral cameras, are utilized to help see the condition of your teeth and gums. With this advanced technology we can zoom in on small diseased areas, cracks, chips, worn metal fillings and soft tissue lesions. The full-color images taken with the intraoral camera are sent to a computer screen so we can diagnose dental problems much earlier than with traditional dental technology. Because the images are then displayed on our screens, you will also be able to see areas being treated and are able to gain a better understanding of dental procedures. With our intraoral camera in Waco, TX you can see what our dentists see! This is a great tool for patient education and helping you better understand your current oral health, the treatments we recommend and how our treatments can benefit your smile.These images may be used to enhance communication with specialists or provide additional documentation needed by insurance companies. In addition, the images taken with the intraoral camera become part of your dental records, allowing us to track your oral health and dental history.
- OralDNA®OralDNA® is an advanced salivary diagnostics system that we use to help precisely detect periodontal disease. With a simple swish of salt water, we can tell you about the bacteria that are causing gum and bone disease and determine the best antibiotic and treatment. This helps Dr. Miller and Dr. Hinds more accurately diagnose periodontal disease and other oral diseases that may be affecting your health. We can then prescribe the most effective treatment, tailored to your individual needs and situation, to improve your oral health.We may recommend OralDNA salivary testing if you experience the signs and symptoms of gum disease. These symptoms often include red, tender and swollen gums that bleed easily. When the disease becomes more advanced, you may also notice a persistent bad taste in the mouth or bad breath, loose teeth or uncomfortable chewing and biting. If you notice any of these signs, we encourage you to contact our office today so we can schedule your appointment and provide you with the testing and care you need.
- Paperless ChartingWith the aid of a computer we utilize digital charting at Creekwood Dental Arts. This technology allows maintenance of your dental records electronically, increasing work efficiency and decreasing paper use. Digital charting standardizes the charting process and enables us to share information with your other healthcare providers quickly and securely. Paperless charting helps to ensure that your charting information is easy to understand and is standardized. Digital charting also makes it faster and easier for our team to access your charts, and your information is stored securely.
- Telescopic Dental LoupesDental magnification loupes are powerful glasses with magnifiers, allowing the dentists and hygienists to see fine details that would go unnoticed to the naked eye. These loupes are similar to those used in surgical procedures in operating rooms. Many have an accompanying light, which enables Dr. Miller and Dr. Hinds to better perform exacting, detailed procedures. We use telescopic dental loupes in Waco, TX to ensure that we identify small details that can help to provide you with a more effective treatment. You may notice our dentists and hygienists using telescopic loupes during various treatments and procedures in order to provide you with the highest possible level of care. To learn more about dental loupes and the other tools we use to improve your experience at our office, we welcome you to contact us today at Creekwood Dental Arts. We look forward to caring for you and your smile!
- T-Scan® Occlusal Analysis SystemSometimes your teeth do not fit properly when you close, bite or chew. This can lead to headaches, jaw pain/stiffness, sensitive teeth and neck or back pain. Dental occlusion refers to the way your teeth meet when you bite together. The T-Scan® Occlusal Analysis System helps illustrates what is really happening as your teeth come together. It provides a dynamic occlusal measurement, revealing the level and timing of force on individual teeth, as well as the stability of your overall bite. Optimally, all your teeth should come in contact with one another at about the same time and with equal force. An unbalanced bite may result in damaged crowns or bridges, fractured teeth, greater tooth wear, as well as pain in teeth, muscles and jaw joint. A simple, painless exam with the T-Scan system provides information to easily determine and restore the perfect balance of your bite. While biting on a thin sensor, the software displays the timing of contacts and levels of force in a dynamic movie. It shows your bite from beginning to end, and all that is happening in between. This will allow Dr. Miller or Dr. Hinds to immediately visualize problem areas. Think you need a bite test? Give Creekwood Dental Arts in Waco a call!